Become a Leader in Birth Defects Prevention by Joining OTIS
The Organization of Teratology Information Specialists (OTIS) is a professional scientific society made up of individuals engaged in assessing and evaluating risks to pregnancy and breastfeeding from environmental exposures. Members include, but are not limited to, specialists in the fields of: obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, genetics, dysmorphology, perinatal epidemiology, teratology, behavioral teratology, pharmacy, genetic counseling, nursing, midwifery, maternal and child health, public health. OTIS members include but are not limited to the experts that provide MotherToBaby services and the researchers that conduct MotherToBaby Pregnancy Studies.
OTIS welcomes as a new member anyone with a commitment to understanding the effects of environmental agents in maternal and fetal/infant health, the prevention of negative pregnancy outcomes, including birth defects, and the communication of evidence-based information about medications and other environmental exposures in pregnancy and lactation.
The many benefits of OTIS membership include:
- Contributing to and impacting the quality of available information on exposures during pregnancy and lactation through research and collaboration.
- Improving how exposure information is communicated to the general public and health providers through research, high-profile media opportunities, and direct-to-consumer messaging.
- Staying current on emerging research and topics about reproductive exposures at our annual international education meeting. The meeting is held jointly with the Society for Birth Defects Prevention and Research (formerly the Teratology Society) and the Developmental Neurotoxicology Society, or the European Network of Teratology Information Services (ENTIS). OTIS membership provides meeting registration discounts.
- Networking with our international community of teratology experts through dynamic forums for training and leadership opportunities.
- Partner discounts for members: Postpartum Support International (PSI) reciprocal membership discount: 20% off